|Posted by Thatch 22 on February 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM|
Are you interested in Apartment Mystery Shopping?
Many people enjoy these types of mystery shopping jobs because you get to travel and role play while you work.
Would you like to know more about how to secret shop an apartment? Here are some commonly asked questions about apartment mystery shopping.
- Do you want to do these kinds of assignments?
Like a great many other types of shops, people respond that they “think they are awesome” or “loathe them”. Mystery shoppers are particularly vocal about their likes and dislikes on apartment mystery shopping jobs. Some secret shoppers would prefer to get a tooth pulled than perform an apartment secret shop. Another would prefer to eat “greasy hamburgers” three times a day. . I am alright with that, I'll take all of them and beg for leftovers!
- Could it be worthwhile to perform these mystery shopping jobs?
These jobs generally offer thirty-five dollars in the beginning. I seldom take them at this price unless there are numerous shops in a single area, or they are near me, or perhaps I am having a bad week. For all other scenarios, I usually get between forty and fifty dollars per shop.
- How do i make sure my mystery shopping report is accepted?
After obtaining the shop assignment, go over all of the guidelines. I had one apartment secret shop rejected because I utilized an incorrect source for contacting the apartment compex. If you have any confusion or questions about the shop guidelines, your scheduler can usually answer any questions, they generally reply quickly. Also, they are very lenient in giving extensions on the shop deadline (for good reasons of course.)
- What is the first step? To begin your secret shop, you need to make your first phone call. Dial *67 to disguise the outgoing number. State you are looking for a flat and heard they have some available. This is the beginning portion of the mystery shop - the shop company want the agent to ask for how you found out about the apartment listing. Furthermore, the agent will require some specifics about necessities and/or desires. Give only a small amount of information and wait for the agent to search and ask for more information.This involves a little thought in advance to answer effortlessly without stumbling or sounding too rehearsed.
- Then What?
The apaertment agent should ask you to come for a tour. They will make an effort to set an appointment, but sometimesthe mystery shopping company doesn’t want this. If it is in the guidelines, schedule an appointment, but arrive about a quarter-hour late. It’s easier to say that you may be in the region later, and keep your arrival time non-specific.
- What happens on the apartment tour?
You will likely have to present your ID in the rental office before you can start the tour. Shopper Warning - you will have a bunch of things to remember! This consists of: the floor plan, the style of the office, the common area, the location of bathroom with regards tothe rest of the apartment, the decorating style of a model apartment, condition of the flats, the exterior appearance, the way the agent is dressed, a description of their appearance, how your were taken to the flat, anything that stands out to you from the tour, etc.
- How do I remember all that?
Some mystery shoppers record everything using a cell phone. Others use small handheld recorders that they can hide discreetly somewhere on their person. Recording cannot be performed in all states. You should check to see if your state is a single-party consent state (which means you are allowed to record your secret shop.) As you take your tour, talk to the agent and be sure to ask all of your needed questions while you record their response. As you examine the closets and cupboards, quietly speak notes into your recorder.
- Will the mystery shop reports be as terrible as they say they are?
The shop reports may take two or three hours initially, but you can cut that in half once you have more experience with these types of mystery shops.
- Besides the report writing, how long do apartment mystery shops take?
It will take five to ten minutes speaking on the telephone, and anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the apartment tour.
If you are interested in performing apartment mystery shops, check out the list of best mystery shopping companies and get signed up with as many as possible. Shout out to my friend Olivia for her awesome work compiling the list.